Stacy's Blogspot Blog

Monday, October 02, 2006

More knitted projects.


So, I discovered that I can bring myself to knit when the house is really messy, so after a week of no knitting, I finally managed to get things back to a semi-respectable state. The first thing I did was another pair of longies out of the wonderful rainbow yarn. This time I made them the right size! The picture is a little lopsided, because they were laying on the bed, and I was standing at the end of the bed. It makes the right side look bigger than the left side, but they're actually symetrical. This time, the waist is 10 inches (stretches to about 16, I think), the hips are 14 inches, the rise is 14 or 15 inches, and the legs are 5 inches. I did a seed-stitch for the last inch of the legs, because I decided I didn't want a ribbed edge, and I didn't want a rolled edge, and a rolled edge is what I was likely to get if I just finished off with knitting. I think they turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself ;)



My next project was to knit a second pumpkin hat. The first one went over great, and I still haven't posted any pictures of it! Here...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Rowan likes his hat pretty well, and he loves the camera :) The only way I got him to look away from the camera to show the stem was by turning on the tv (clifford the big red dog was on, on PBS).

The new one is just now finished, well, except for tucking in the last little tail of green.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Cute! Great job on the hat and the longies! What a great gene pool you must have come from ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home